Bardwell Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Catfishingbuddy, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Catfishingbuddy

Catfishingbuddy New Member

State:
    TX
    I went out there today and just sat there in my van watching people fish. I seen they was catching small cats and hiberd the spelling wrong but..... I talked to a few guys there and ask about jug fish and trotlining the guy said oh yeah there is good fishing on both. He said he seen a guy come out with a 35lb and two 20lbs..... I am hiting it next week with or without a boat...... lolol

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Michael,
    I grew up in Ennis and cut my teeth fishing Bardwell. It's a great lake for both channel cats and blues. I don't get to fish it very often anymore. I fished it two days last August and did great on eating size blues and channels. First day we had 38 keepers up to 3 lbs or so. The second day was slower, but we had a 16 and a 13 (both released) along with about 20 keepers. I'm hoping to get down there sometime again this spring while visiting my folks.

3. Catfishingbuddy

Catfishingbuddy New Member

State:
    TX
    Yeah I been there 2 times fishing and I hear a lot of good stories but my self I only got keepers no big ones. But never fished by jug or trotline.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had a fun time