Barb's Rib Rub

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Cattledogz, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Barb's Rib Rub

4 Cups TURBINADO sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
    3/4 Cup of sea salt
    1/2 Cup granulated Garlic
    1/3 Cup Onion Powder
    1/4 Cup Chili powder
    1/4 Cup ground Cumin
    1/4 Cup Paprika
    1/8 Cup fresh ground black pepper
    1/8 Cup ground Allspice
    1/8 Cup ground Nutmeg
    1/8 Cup Celery Seed
    1/8 Cup ground Cayenne Pepper

Thoroughly mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container in a cool place.

Note: 1/8 Cup = 2 Tablespoons
    1/3 Cup = 5 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds good, thanks for posting. reps to ya

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Barb sounds good. But watch the sugar and heat. It can turn bad.
    Let me know how the ribs turn out.
    pete

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    I went with the Turbinado (raw) sugar because it doesn't break down with the heat anywhere near as easily as refined white or brown sugar do. Still crossing my fingers though as this is the first time I have ever done ribs with the dry rub only and in the smoker. :smile2:

Thanks for the help Pete!

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for sharing looks GOOD :big_smile:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sounds good Barb. Let us know the results.

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Thanks for posting and for sure let us know how that turns out. Sounds like a good combination to me.

8. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Now that sounds like a rub I can get down with. I WILL be trying this rub this weekend. Thank you.

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Well gang, the ribs turned out lip smackin, finger lickin goooooood!

I applied the rub liberally and wrapped them up, set in the fridge overnight, fired up the smoker the next day and smoked them with good ol hickory wood. Checked them at 3 hrs. 15 min. and they were pulling from the bone just right.

The bones slid right out and the ribs were as juicy and tender as anyone could hope for.

Since I smoked 5 sides of ribs there were plenty to share with the neighbors on both sides of our house and they raved about how good they were. Guess I did them up right. LOL Not bad at all for my first dry rub and first time smokin up ribs.

I think I just changed the meat dish for this coming Christmas dinner. :wink:

If any of y'all try the rub please let me know what you think of it and feel free to offer any advice on additions or other changes you would make to it.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for sharing that rub,Barb. I am fond of dry rubs as well,I will be trying it the first chance I get. I have a brisket rub I should post fust for the ellovit.

11. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Post it Richard. Brisket is Wendell's other favorite smoked meat. :big_smile:

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Barb that is what we have been having for Christmas dinner for the last few years. baby back ribs and Twice baked taters man there good.
    pete

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You must not have very hungry neighbors. I did up six sides and it was hardly enough for just me! but then maybe you get bigger chickens down your way.:sad2: lol
    Ill try it next spring Barb sounds really good. Oh yeah, what kind of smoker did you use and what temp?

14. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Well Barb, you sure do have a way with words… your description of the results sounds downright finger licking good, sounds like ya did em up right there lady… Appreciate you sharing the recipe and I’ll be a trying it around Christmas time… good food and good fellowship is a recipe for a special blessing.