Barb's Baked Chicken

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Cattledogz, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you can use any cut you prefer.

1/2 cup of flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    3/4 tsp pepper
    1 tsp paprika
    Granulated garlic to taste

Place all in a large Ziplock bag and shake and mix this well (you should be able to tell that the paprika and pepper are in there just by looking. If not, add some more.)

6 - 8 piceces of chicken

Season chicken to taste with Garlic salt and pepper then coat it well with the flour mixture.

Place this in a baking dish. Slice 1-2 onions and place on top of the chicken.

Pour 1-2 sticks (more if you like) melted butter over all of this and bake at 350 for 30 minutes to an hour. (Depending on the cut of chicken and your oven).
    Baste with the butter several times while cooking.

If you like to cook lots at a time and reheat this works well in the microwave for leftovers.

Hope you enjoy it.

2. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Sounds really good, I'll try it this weekend. Thank you, Jim

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'll have to try that next time I fix baked chicken. Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    yaaaaaaaa, i like it i like it:cool2::big_smile:

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Barb, that is a good recipe. I make something very similar. I start with the butter melted in the dish then add the chicken. Is the onion for flavor, just because you like onions, or another purpose? If I use onions I usually sauté them with a few mushrooms as an add on after the chicken is cooked.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sounds easy enough to me. Thanks for posting your recipe.