Barbie pole caught a record channel

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Cuda, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
  2. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I just read about it, thats something a record fish caught on a barbie pole. Welcome to BOC.

3. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I just seen this on the Yahoo! homepage. I figured if it wasn't here I'd post it myself.

My biggest channel to date was 32 inches earlier this year. I couldn't imagine having done it on a Barbie pole.

And off the subject, sort of, if anyone is interested you should go to YouTube and watch a guy catching Carp on a Spongebob pole. lol

4. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Goes to show that you dont have to spend a ton of $ to catch a nice fish!

5. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    well lets match up...
    ok

Custom Catfish rod versus Barbie rod

you look cool / you don't but you've got more $ for your friends;(barbie)
    doesn't fit in car / and you can stach it nearly anyway (barbie)
    could handle a big one/ and Could NC state record (um tied)
    you look awesome / no you don't but, when you catch one everyone is
    impressed (barbie)....

Lastly
    If you catch NC record with Custom catfish rod you get a nice writeup in your local paper

if you catch NC record with BARBIE catfish rod, you get interviewed on National TV; you're all over the internet; you prolly sign a book deal worth millions ("how to catch giant catfish on a BARBIE fishing rod"). mattell adores you and you win obnoxious amounts of money doing barbie fishing commercials...

Its a no-brainer. Barbie WINS:smile2:

6. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Private pond = pet. It may be a record but if I had a pond and kept fish in it. Fed them for years, then went out with a jimmy crack corn pole to pull in my "record" I wouldn't feel like I had anything to brag about. Sure its a good story and thats it. It's like every time I go fishing somebody will say...did yeah hear the record blue was caught last week by a 9 year old on 10lb test...If I hear that story one more time...:smile2:

7. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Who cares if it was a private pond? The fact of the matter is, it was a barbie fishing pole from wal mart prolly spooled with no more than 6lb test line, and it managed to get a 20 lb fish to the bank. The reason it gained so much publicity was because of the rod it was caught with, not because the fish broke the state record. I seriously doubt this guy had any hopes of catching a fish that big that day. I dont see where he is bragging about anything. If I were gonna brag, I wouldnt have told anybody it was the barbie pole I was using lol. What would be a discussion without a little negativity though right? :wink:

8. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Catching a record...:sad2: