Barberton OHIO AREA

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by old newbie, Jul 15, 2009.

1. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    I haven't been back in the Barberton area since the early 70's. If I make it back this summer can anyone help me with a few places to try for cats. I remember exactly zero on lakes and rivers in this area, with the exception of lake anna I believe right in town.
    Also do you know if you can buy non resident permits online?

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wish you the nest Bruce I'm sure you'll find the answers you need here. I'm not familiar with that area but Good Luck.

3. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thank you Glen, I was 18 the last time I was in that area and still have family there so was going to visit some and fish some if possible.

4. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    silver creek metro park over by copley has a lotta good sized channel cats in it

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    springfield lake right out the west side of akron has some nice size channels, for flats the closest would be tappan lake i think

6. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    silvecreek went belly up last summer, so they say. I was out there and seen all the dead fish. it was a shame cause there were some dandy cats floatin. i used to catch some nice ones there, but after last summer i wouldnt even bother trying. a friend of mine fished out there 2 weekends ago and not one bite. Shreve lake is a pretty good place, a little drive from barbertucky but well worth it, also spencer lake is supposed to be a good lake, iv personaly never fished it but friends have and had geat luck. ther are dandy channel cats in shreve and ive seen some decent flatties pulled out also. hope this helps.

7. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    It sure does. I think people maybe trying to tell me something, I lived in barberton and you called it barbertucky and now i lve in wabash in. and everyone calls it wabatucky.:confused2: I did live in Grayson ky so maybe it's following me around. Well thank all you buckeyes for the info and have a great year on the water!!!!