Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

banner creek 5/15

832 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rwg 
#1 ·
went to banner creek today, went I got there, the parking lot at the ramp was full, I had to park on the side of the road. Was hoping that was a good sign. I also caught my first shad with the next from banners waters today, also hoped that was a good sign. Well, I dont know about everyone else, but after sitting in the rain/drizzle for 6 hours, I only had 2 fish to show for it. I fished the upper end, thinking the recent rains would wash in some food, and fish would be eating. Maybe they were full, the two I did catch were as round as they could be.

Carp were in full spawn. the flooded grass was just teaming with them.

Hope everyone else did better than me

#3 ·
but you still kept the skunk off you.
I normally do manage to do that. Just too bull headed to give up most of the time.

Every fiber in my body said to go to perry today, but I had decided this winter that I would learn to fish banner creek this year, and you cant learn where they are in banner while at perry. after today, I might just go to perry in the morning though. I just have a feeling I can get into them there. I know a spot that had never let me down when it floods, and it appears its 5 foot high and rising.

#4 ·
went back to banner creek today. Not near as wet as it was yesterday. I went to some new spots and finally found the fish. Tried some secret 7, but fresh shad was the only thing catching fish. Fish were shallow, 1 foot of water. they were in some serious weeds too(pic 1) when I finally found the right spot, fishing turned into catching(pic 2). brought home a nice limit of fish.

When I got home, my neighbor was walking down the road. He's been out of work for most of a year. I handed him a gallon bag of fillets, and man did his face light up. Made the whole day worth while.

#7 ·
Up shallow is were I found them last sunday, my little lake was up and muddy, we fished the three feeders, deep, drifted, no luck, then we went up the lake and caught them in 12" to 24" of water, its was neet when you would set the hook they would blow up like a bass on topwater and come shooting out of the weeds.:glasses-nerdy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.