Banks of Lake Texoma

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudfarmer, Jun 1, 2007.

1. mudfarmer

mudfarmer New Member

State:
    Texoma
    lakes way up right now. tried to bank fish last nite and most of my usual haunts are underwater:sad2:. when we did finally get the lines out all we did mostly was feed our dk to the fiddlers. we did manage to land a couple small channels

2. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Man, I'm having the same problems here in SW Oklahoma. All the recent rains have put my bank spots under water and up into the cottonwood saplings. Its gonna take a chain saw to clear most of my old spots, and then there are still going to be all kinds of little trees out in the water you can't see. I predict that I'm going to lose a lot of terminal tackle if I don't find some new spots fast. The most open spot on my favorite lake has been invaded by jet skis and bass boats, they're using it as a boat ramp, even though all the concrete ramps have plenty of water on them. Ah, summer. When does school start again! Doug the Disenfranchised

3. okiejc

okiejc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, I'm from sw ok too. The place you described sounds alot like Clear Creek.

4. mudfarmer

mudfarmer New Member

State:
    Texoma
    texoma finally crested about 5' above normal and is on it's way back down.there's more crap floatin in the lake than i've seen in years.