BANK ROD HOLDERS

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Papa64, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anybody got pics of thier bank rod holders?? I'll have to get some of mine and will post them up. Mine are just cheapy homemades but work really well.

2. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010

3. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    There has been some awesome bank pole holders come through the USCA posts. Maybe a search will turn something for ya...tight lines bro

4. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Here are mine. That is what's in the ground in my avatar. It didn't have any problem holding this 29 plus pound Flathead.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  5. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Couple more pictures. Just some 3/8" rebar and steel plate. You can pretty much see how they are made. Add whatever rod holders you want. I like Down-East rod holders.

Attached Files:

6. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those look pretty good to me.

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I use surf spikes because I surf fish so much.I am lucky that there is soft ground where I fish mostly,so I canget away with those.They are the aluminum 4ft type...standard looking ones
    like you see in tackle shops along the coast.They also fit into the rod holders on my surf cart
    if I want to get more heighth on em.

8. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    I just had to make a new set of bank rod holders, it seems that someone needed the ones I had in my back yard more than me, they took the rod holders & left the $45 net, hammer, & flashlight taht were right next to them (go figure). any how i got some rebar at Lowes & a 4' inch & half PVC pipe, a bag of hose clamps, & some Gorilla tape, a little cutting with the jig saw & boom baby ....rod holders.

Attached Files:

9. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Well i was gonna try to make some round bar holders, but I don't have a vice to hold em while bending em. Now if I can keep the little one from Staling my "Bad Boy Juice" (Monster Energy Drink) while I am messing with the fishing gear. Monster is a must for night fishing....:sinister: