Bank poles for catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by badcat, Jun 20, 2006.

1. badcat

badcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    could anyone explain what is a pvc bank pole how do you rig this up for catching cats ect. thanks

2. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    BadCat,

Welcome to the BOC! I'm not too hip on the pvc bank pole, but we have been on several fishing trips where we set bank poles that were cane poles. We usually set out about 100-150 poles. These cane poles are usually 5-6 foot in length. You tie on thin nylon rope at the small end and push the cane pole into the bank where it is parallel with the water (the pole actually sits about a foot off the water. The nylon string goes about 2 foot under water with a traditional catfish hook. We normally try to tie on a piece of white styrafoam to the end of the pole so that you can spot the poles more easily at night. So, you set and bait all the poles, go back to camp, wait about an hour, then go back out and check the poles. If you see one going crazy, up and down, then you've got a fish on. Our family has big fish fry gatherings, so this is a good way to catch catfish for these events. You usually do not catch any monsters with this method. Normally 1-3 lb. range. I'm not sure if this is what the pvc pole method is, but I just wanted to share this with you to see if it helped any.

Happy Cattin'!!

3. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Badcat think of a limbline pvc works wel about 2" the pole proably should be long enough in the ground 2-3' in sandy soil there needs to be enough pole to have some good flex heavy line some gills and your are in business. I read about this some where but don't rember where.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE BOC NATIONAL GATHERING

4. heeler

heeler New Member

State:
    missouri
    We've also used hickrey saplings about 10-12ft long.