Bank Pole Pics

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Brian Moyse, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Brian Moyse

Brian Moyse New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    It has been storming here all morning so I put one together and took a couple of pictures of it.

I was able to get the fiberglass poles free from a friend that runs a golf course. They replace the poles on occassion. I sawed off the brass fitting at the base at a 45 degree angle so that it will go into the sand easier.

I used 400lb. mono for the line because I had a bunch leftover from Texas rigging my duck decoys. The top of the pole has a fine threaded end, so I made a loop in the mono and used a double barrel crimp sleeve to secure the loop to the top of the pole. Next I used a nylon lock nut to put over the loop to secure it to the pole.

Then I slipped a sinker on the other end of the line, placed a snap swivel on it and crimped my sleeve. I used a heavy snap swivel so that you can change hooks without having to re-crimp.

I used the "replace divots" flag on the pole to write my name & address on the pole. Also there is a thick rubber "washer" under the flag (to prevent it from sliding down the pole). that I kept on there to secure the hook when transporting the pole.

In all it was pretty easy and cheap to make.

Attached Files:

2. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Very nice:big_smile:

3. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Thanks very good idea.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

5. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    With such a good idea there won't be any flags left on golf courses across the United States.:eek:oooh:

6. Brian Moyse

Brian Moyse New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    I thought about that last night as I was driving past a golf course!!!!:smile2:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Very interesting idea. Thanks for sharing.