bank lines last night.

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Johnboy1975, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 New Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Well the weather didnt look to good last night for sitting with all of the storms in the area so around dusk I thought I would go set some lines near this hole I have been fishing. Went and checked them around midnight, go to the first one and I got about a 5lb softshell turtle on it. As Im slowly getting that thing off I shine my light at my other four lines and not a single one is moving. So I figure what the heck I will just check them and see if I need to rebait them. As Im walking around to the other two ( I only set four) one of them just starts going crazy. So I go over there and as Im trying to get the fish to the bank I slip and fall in up to my waist. So even though it wasnt raining I still get soaked. Pulled them this am and had another one on the same line I caught the one at midnight. Got some really nice steaks off of them so one of these days Im going to eat really good.:big_smile: Oh yea I was fishing the Delaware using bluegill for bait.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. here2learn

here2learn New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good fish man thanks for sharing!

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Looks like some good eaters John. Congrats.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congratulations man..

5. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Nice fish John

6. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    nice looking fish.

7. outdoorsaddict

outdoorsaddict New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good eating

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i wonder if those fish taste just as yummy as the fish i just ate....which was also catfish.....them are some beautiful eaters.....awesome catch

9. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good lookin fish there John. Ain't nuthin better then set lining and seeing em bounce! (Well I guess besides that rod tip bending over):wink: