Bank guy report

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Motopro00, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I fish the sippi today. I have not fished in the winter before for blues. I here over and over how the bite is so much better. Well I can give my opinion. NOT! I did manged to catch one blue today. 8 lbs blues. I would think if I can catch one I can catch more. NOT! Winter bite is a urban myth.

Attached Files:

2. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He'll have you back out there trying to catch his big brother:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

3. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats one more than I caught in my office:eek:oooh:

4. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Your doing a lot better then i am....i cant go out till Marchish...so catch a big one for me!! Congrats on the one you did catch though :smile2:

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    atleast it wasent a skunk not a bad looking blue :wink::cool2:

6. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Sorry about your luck. Winter can be tough fishing but it can also be extremely productive. I went out Thursday on the Spring River in NE Oklahoma and caught about 40 cats. At least 20 of them were blues. The biggest was just under 13 lbs. I was fishing from a boat. It seems to me it could be very difficult bank fishing in the winter time. The fish are concentrated in certain spots this time of year. One day they might be in 15 foot of water by the channel drop off, and the next day they might be in the deepest water they can find. I just started winter fishing about 3 years ago. It's no myth, the bite is awesome. You just about have to be in a boat to be produce fish consistently in colder water temps. That's the way it is for me anyhow. Don't give up on the winter fishin. Persistence pays off big time! Good luck and happy fishin.

7. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    thanks for the replys. I have been frustrated lately. I got to move in a two weeks and I have not had a job in over a year. :angry: It is very tough out there. :embarassed: I was jumping up and down like a little kid that caught a 50 #'er. I am thinking I wish I would have keep him for dinner. :roll_eyes:

8. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I did catch him or her on a wind dike in what I would guess 20 to 25 foot of water. I had frozen shad. I took one shad cut the head off and put on one pole and cut the tail off and put the body/gut pocket on the other pole. the guy pocket is what I caught that fish on.

Attached Files:

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Congrats on a nice winter time Bluecat Mike...Keep at it!!

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Shoot, ya caught fish...it cant be all that bad. I fished during the summer and got skunked a few times, that's fishin for ya, the winter will be no exception.

I'm a pretty seasoned winter fisherman and all my big blues come from the cold months. Hang in there and learn what they're doing...you'll get em. Good luck next time...dont let it get the best of ya ; )

-Jim-

11. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Well you done a lot better than myself. I have been fishing 6 times since mid October and been skunked everytime. It is a lot more difficult to find the fish in the winter just keep trying the big one is waiting for you.

12. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    Winter time is a bit tricky. Sometimes they bite really lite. I catch a lot of channels that way this time of year. Till the river freezes over I will still be out on the river as much as possible trying to figure out the winter bite.