Bank Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by torp64, Jul 1, 2008.

1. torp64

torp64 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I just recently moved down from Ohio and have always enjoyed fishing, but never had the time. I have a 12 year old that just wants to catch fish, I prefer catfishing, but she doesn't really care. Living in Hendersonville and looking for recommendations that don't require a boat.

Thanks in Advance,

By the way loving Tennessee

2. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you're in Hendersonville you can hit up sanders ferry rd and there's some good little bank fishing around there. Lots of bluegill under the trees this time of year. Cats are decent too. If you want to get a little heavier (once they start generating again) you can take rockland rd down to the dam. Good bank fishing there. Just use big weights and big line.

3. cptowe

cptowe New Member

State:
    TN
    Avondale access is good also. That cove is always full of bait and it's within casting distance of up to about 20 feet of water in the middle of the cove. The previous post told you about two other good spots also. Right now at the dam you need a boat because all they have is some discharge from the spillways. I'm hoping for the siren to sound and the generators to kick on. I would be satisfied if just one would kick on at this point.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hey there buckeye, where is henderson anyway. I am from chillicothe ohio, but in the army so I am all over. If you are anywhere near Cumberland City, take that kid to the steam plant and try to catch you some skipjack. Its the easies thing in the world if they are running and you can catch them 2 and 3 at at time. great fun. Its also a good area for cats.

5. torp64

torp64 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Thanks for all of the locations, just always makes it a lot easier than just pulling off the road and pitching a line in and hoping. Works for me, but the kids need some action to keep them enthused.

Thanks again

6. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome Ted to the BOC good luck fishing