Bank fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by catface, May 2, 2006.

1. catface

catface New Member

Hi all:
    Has the New Johnsonville area got any good places to fish from the bank? Had to give up my boat.
    I can't do the rocks like I could years ago, but I still like to go for the cats.
    I live in Hickman co. and if anyone knows of a place that would work for me and my wife please let me know.Thanks much and God Bless.

Joe Bruggeman
    Catface

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant tell you a thing about Tennessee river banks Joe, but I can welcome you to the board.lol
    If I were you I would ask at my local bait shop.Those guys usually know,and they want to send you to a good spot, so you will buy more bait lol
    :0a26:

3. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    welcome to the boc buddy! glad to have you!

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joe, Welcome to the BOC... Cant tell you a thing you want to hear but Good fishing.

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC, Joe.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Joe, first of all, welcome to the BOC! Glad to have another fellow Tennessean join up. I know of a few places you can try.

Take the bridge accross the Tenn. River, as soon as you get over the bridge go about a 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile and there is an access road on the left. I believe its called Crocketts Landing Rd. Take this road and go about a mile and you'll come to fork in the road. You can go either way, they both lead directly to the river and both have fishing access from the bank. I guess you can try both and see which spot you like best.

I hope this helps and let us know how you do when you get back. Good luck!

7. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    Welcome to the BOc Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I might suggest Terraserver.com. You can enter zip codes and get aerial or satalite imagery. Compare these to a map and you may find some overlooked honey holes. I would even suggest a call to your local dept of wildlife. They are usually very helpful. Good luck and safe trips.

9. catface

catface New Member

Thanks all for the nice welcomes.I have been on the BOC forum for a long time ,but have not posted. Thanks for the info. From the number of guys that read the post it looks like a lot of only bank fish..I have had boats all my life, but not now. Still love to fish even if I don't catch fish like befor with my boat . Thanks Much God Bless and Good Fishing

Joe B
    Catface

10. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    yeah in new jhonsville there is a place callled the pumping station it is a very good place to fish most any one in town and lead you the way to it.

11. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC

12. scuffy

scuffy New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Welcome to the BOC.
    It's where I spend most my computer time.

I'm in Middle Tennessee,
    Steve