BANK FISHING

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by JCOMBS919, Sep 20, 2009.

1. JCOMBS919

JCOMBS919 New Member

State:
    COUNTRY CITY, NC
    NEW TO THE RALEIGH AREA AND THE BOC!! IM LOOKING FOR A GOOD SPOT TO SIT ON THE BANK AND CATCH SOME CATS!! I LIVE SOUTH OF RALEIGH JUST OFF HIGHWAY US 1 AND IF I DRIVE SOUTH FOR ABOUT 10-15 MIN. I CAN BE NEAR THE HAW RIVER OR THE DEEP RIVER. WENT OUT LAST NIGHT FROM 8PM-630AM AND DIDNT HAVE TO MUCH LUCK. WE WERE ONLY ABLE TO CATCH 3 CHANNEL CATS. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO CATCH 2 PANFISH FOR BAIT EARLIER IN THE DAY SO I CHOPPED THEM UP TO USE FOR CUT BAIT WHICH IM SURE DIDNT HELP. I DEF. WILL DRIVE EAST FROM US1 TO GET TO THE RIGHT SPOT JUST DONT WANT TO GO ALL THE WAY TO FAYETTEVILLE.

2. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    im not sure how to tell you how to get there from your house. but go down to buk horn great bank fishing for some big uns.

3. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    Buckhorn Dam is the best spot in that general area in my opinion. I always
    put in the jon boat there and fish, but have seen nice fish caught from the banks. The downside is some of the trashy people that hang around
    and "fish".

4. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    ya that is true. but you can walk along way down that bank to get away from the people. just dont take your good truck! although i have never had any promblems there.:big_smile:

5. JCOMBS919

JCOMBS919 New Member

State:
    COUNTRY CITY, NC

I TOOK A LOOK AT THE MAP AND IT LOOKS LIKE I JUST TAKE BUCKHORN ROAD FROM RT.42 RIGHT TO THE DAM. IS THIS CORRECT???

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

10-4...

and just keep driving because it is a long ways down that road...

one way in and one way out...

and only the upper portion of the road is state maintained..

another place to try is the boat ramp down that way...on 42....saw some pics from guys fishing above the ramp...landing 30-40's

7. holbrookncsu

holbrookncsu New Member

State:
    nc
    I am going there this weekend.. Me and a couple of my friends are taking a couple of canoes... I have only been there once does anyone know if it is better to fish above or below the dam... Last time I went I ran into some pretty good people I had some bad luck at the boat ramp tho and 2 of my rods were stollen... I learned my lesson...

8. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Or , there's Jordan , Falls , Gaston , and Kerr lakes.
    The formers are southwest and south of Raleigh , respectively.
    The latters are northeast , bordering Virginia.

9. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    never had any trouble at Buckhorn or Avents Ferry, just wanted him to
    be aware and the fishing in my opinion is better from the bank at Buckhorn
    but by boat I prefer above, just got to hunt for em.:wink:

10. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    i have a 16 ft sea nyph with a 25 johnson that me and my buddy put in at buckhorn we have cought are biggest fish down below the islands before the rocks. we also fish the upper side but like you said you got to find them!!:big_smile:

11. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc

me and my buddy will be there this weekend not sure if it will be fri. or sat yet but we will fish the bottom!! good luck:wink:

12. holbrookncsu

holbrookncsu New Member

State:
    nc
    We will def. be there friday.. maybe we will see you there..

13. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    not sure how you guys did last weekend but the flatheads were hammering live bream and shellcrackers friday night.:wink:

14. JCOMBS919

JCOMBS919 New Member

State:
    COUNTRY CITY, NC

I WENT OUT TO BUCKHORN FOR THE FIRST TIME THURSDAY NIGHT AND YOU ARE RIGHT THEY WERE HAMMERING THE LIVE BREAM!!! THE ONLY BAD THING WAS WE RAN OUT OF BAIT QUICK