bank fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Jasongonefishing, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Jasongonefishing

Jasongonefishing New Member

State:
    McDonough,
    Looking for some good info this year to help reel in the catfish. I am in Georgia and fish a few ok spots in Henry county. I usually fish of the banks with chicken liver and a bobber set-up. I have pulled out a few 1-2 ponders, but am looking for some bigger cats this year. Any set-up, bait help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Jay

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC I use live bait or cut bait. Maybe someone from you ares will tell you what is used there.

3. rollinrooster69

rollinrooster69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i like cut bait and welcome to boc

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    First Jay welcome to the BOC live bait like minnows or mullet gut works down around Warner Robins also check out the Member Gathering forum you might want to come to our Ga gathering at westpoint in a couple of weeks

5. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'll have to say live bait if you want a Flathead and cut bait for anything else. Use blue gill and you'll do fine.

6. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Welcome to the B.O.C :smile2::smile2:

7. Jasongonefishing

Jasongonefishing New Member

State:
    McDonough,
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been looking for a good spot to get to know people. I have just got back into fishing catfish and hunting in the last two years. I want to get back into it so me and my two year old son can enough the time together. :smile2: I will definitely check out the Ga gathering and see if I can make it out to west point.

Thanks again
    Jay