Bank fishing Truman Tailrace this weekend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Seth, May 25, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm planning on heading up to the Truman Tailrace either Saturday evening or Sunday evening and fishing most of the night. Have they been generating a lot of water lately and how has the fishing been?

If they are generating alot of water, what size weights do you think I would need to keep the bait on the bottom? Also, would there be any place a person could get perch or shad for bait without a boat?

I'd like to have good healthy live bait to use so that I might catch a flathead also.

Thanks,
    Seth

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Running a lot of water Seth. You will need quit a bit of weight, I would bring some 8 oz. Havent fished the bank but hear they are catching them there. I can usally get shad below the dam just before dark, dont let the net hit the bottom or you will be hung up in the rocks. Drake harbor can be another good place for shad and the public dock on the other side of drake harbor usally has some perch around it as well as shad. Let us know when your coming and may come by to see ya. Good Luck....
    http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/cgi-bin/daily.pl?site_name=truman

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Where exactly is this Drake Harbor? Me and a buddy are planning on heading up there tomorrow afternoon sometime as of now. The only way we wouldn't go is if there's a bunch of bad storms in the forecast.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Nevermind....I did a search for Drake Harbor and found and old post where Spoonfish and Mr. T showed a person where Drake Harbor was.:big_smile:

5. j12goose

j12goose New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The KC Star says that they are picking up some white bass down there. Any truth to that? I'm guessing heavy jigging spoons?