Bank fishing the Ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by hungoalie, Jul 15, 2006.

1. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    Does anyone know any decent bank spots around cincinnati.I know a few but they are mostly trashed out. Thanks

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    John I dont know if you know this but you can go to the WV side and fish from there also with your Ohio License. I dont know if there are any bank spots there but thought I would throw that out. Also ask catbird he is from around that area I think he usually boats it but he would probably know a bunch of bank spots in that area.

3. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks I did not know that.I'm going to get some sunnies and try something closer to home. One of these days I'll save up enough for a small boat so I can have a better shot at those monsters like that 60lb. Thanks.

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    there is a couple of spots on the ky side in maysville. that is where i fish. you can just ask at any gas station in maysville and they will point you in the right direction. i am with you on the boat problem. i can't afford one neither. it would be nice to get out there and fight with them blues.

5. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    The last time I looked you can fish the KY side from shore also which would be closer for you.

6. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks guys. I need to break out my street maps and go out one day for a drive and look around for some access points. I work for a trucking company so I have good maps. If I find any goodones I'll let you guys know. Im leaving now to catch some bait and go to the Gr. miami, wish me luck I'm due for some fish.

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    good luck! keep us posted on how you do.

8. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I know a few good spots around sunman indiana, that are bank accessible and produce fairly well also can catch some nice ones right at the riverwall in aurora in just follow U.S. 50 out to aurora and follow in route 56 along the river lots of really good spots out there only about 30 min's from cincinnati

9. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for the Indiana info.I'll definatly check that out. I had 4 runs tonite and didn't hook a thing. I think the Gar were robbing me. The last one I got a piece back torn up. I caught a 3foot gar in the same spot last week. My uncle is coming to visit next weekend so I need to find a spot so he can catch a few. Maybe I can get him hooked. Thanks