Bank fishing the Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Randy T., Nov 23, 2007.

1. Randy T.

Randy T. New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm new to the board and I want to start fishing the river (Ohio). I live just north (up the hill) of New Richmond in Amelia. I don't own or have access to a boat so I am looking for some good bank fishing spots. I mainly fish for the big flats and blues.

Hopefully you all can help me out with a few spots to try from the bank, I have the gear and can get some nice bait. I just don't know were to fish. I tried the river a long time ago but spent more time tying rigs than fishing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    wellcome to the BOC im sure some one close to you will come along befor long an help you out

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Welcome to the BOC. If you ever want to fish from a boat pm me, I have a 20 footer and will travel although you may have to put up with my friends.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    There are tons of places to fish from the bank, but I will be the first to tell you its 20 times better in a boat, but I feel your pain and dont have one. There are many bank fishing spots up and down Rt.50, once you get below the city, there are a few parks up and down that road. THe best part about finding spots along 50, is that you can get into deeper water fairly easily, which isnt easy when fishing around the New Richmond area and up towards Meldahl, but there are some descent bank spots at Meldahl as well. You can even fish the flood walls downtown, lots of nice fish get pulled from that area. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me I have been fishing the river for a few years and most without a boat. I live in Batavia so I should be able to point you in the right direction.

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Randy, there r pros n cons to bank fishin n boatin.

Personally I like the bank fishin fer nappin n not havin to have someone else go along.

OPINION

:wink:

I don't know that section of the Big River....sorry guy.

:006:

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    tbull thanks for the info