Bank fishing spots, what do you go thru

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flathunter, Nov 1, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My fishing partner and myself go to major extreams in reaching bankfishing spots that are away from the crowd..These involve hills, woods, wading rivers etc, while packing in a load of gear for a nites fishing..Sometimes it is worth it sometimes not, below is just a smaple of one of our spots, with fellow member h20 Mellon dragging himself up a hill. And a pic of one of our remote spots on the river.

2. hunters

hunters New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cool looking spot.
    Did you have any luck on the day these pictures were taken?
    How deep is it there?

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Does look like a great spot any luck?

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice spots, I wish could find some good spots like that. what do u catch from them?

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I fish the mississippi and to get to my favorite bank spot.I have to walk a mile at least, through deep woods tall weeds over giant rocks , through mud, a real all around obstacle course.Most times I go there by myself, just hope I dont break my leg back there some day, guess I could crawl out.ha ha . When I catch the monster, and Ive caught a few, back there it/s all worth it. :)

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have caught my two biggest flatheads from that spot, a 50 and 40-lber..You get skunked alot at that spot, but when a fish does hit it is usually a big one.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heres a couple more pics of different spots we fish.

8. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Very cool spot ya got there, flathunter. I live near the Trinity River south of Dallas, so you know what that means. Nasty a$$ water. No place around here to fish like that that I know of. Most everywhere you can fish on that river, you can't get to, because of the barbed wire fences. A buddy and I once carried a 12ft. jon boat / battery / gear a half mile through brush and high grass to fish a lake that hadn't opened yet. Lake Cooper in northeast Texas. Man, talk about a trip of a life time. After we made it down there, we caught bass on every cast for over an hour. I can't tell ya how many we caught. Then we had to go home:sad: ...... It took longer to walk it than it did to fish it.

9. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    haha thats the same tyhing me my dad and a friend of his did, carried a boat down through the woods loaded with equipment to a lake fished it all day and had to carry the boat back at night, caught alot of fish though so it was worth it, and one thing that looked like a parana still trying to figure out what that thing was, it was black with red belly and probably about 4 or 5 pounds

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, we ahve been through Hell & Back this year. It's been a blast. We gripe & complain about getting skunked, but I dont know what I'd do if it wasnt for Flathuner & Catfishing. :confused:

Heres a couple more pics. FYI: the rod is a 10 foot long. We call this spot "The Death Drop"

The second pic is from "The Goat Path". That is an ATV tow strap you see there. This pic doesnt do the drop justice. It is straight down.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Looks like a couple of spots on the Ohio river near Belpre

12. slqfan

slqfan New Member

State:
    Stockdale, TX
    Those spots look alot like some of the spots I have to walkthrough to get to my favorite bank fishing spots. One night me and my dad carried a 12 ft jon boat down to the river at one of these spots We were catching channels like crazy that night. It started to rain about 4 am, so we decided to try and get out before the road got really bad. We had to drag the boat up a hill about like your goat path in the pouring rain. I dont think we would have made it if it wasnt for the roots we used for footholds.

Webster I think you caught a Pacu. People keep them in aquariums, and release them when they get to big. This is what pacu look like.

13. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I drive right up to all my fishing spots, all but one are accessable by two wheel drive vehicles. Two of them are right on paved roads where you set up on the road and fish, one of these paved spots is where I've caught all by big flatheads from. Guess I'm lucky we have 170,000 acres of public land between Ky. and Barkley lakes that has excellent lake access. Some of the places get busy on the weekends but I mostly fish during the week and can always find a spot with no one around.

14. webster_catman

State:
    webster
    i tried that link but it said the site was moved, a few people said thats what it was, all i can say is it was mean

15. slqfan

slqfan New Member

State:
    Stockdale, TX
    Webster sorry about the other link. I hope this one works. Link

16. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    You guys are like Lewis and Clark...or Martin and Lewis, or somebody like that. Hehe. Dr. Livingston I presume.

17. webster_catman

State:
    webster
    yup thats what i caught but it was a little bigger

18. webster_catman

State:
    webster
    funny thing is they said it eats small nuts a fruits, what i caught mine on was a big chunk of chicken liver

19. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    Hmmm. What river is that? ......cmon you cen tell us, we are fellow Ohio'ins. ;)

20. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    where are at in Ohio?? one of those spots looked like there was a nice sandbar down the way........I've been through very similiar adventures.....but im from further out east in ohio.......closer to the Muskingum watersheds.........