Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing a local lake one time and there was this man showed with a cooler on wheels and a foldout chair with a tent top on it and was fishing with a Zebco 202 fishing combo. He had big dallor chair but a $10.00 pole is this putting the cart before the horse? So what type of seat does everyone use for bank fishing?:confused2:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ive seen several oldtimers fishing with old junk that i wouldnt take to a dog fight but they seem to get the job done so I watch and listen and perhaps will gleen some bit of knowledge there years have given them.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was fishing a local lake one time and there was this man showed with a cooler on wheels and a foldout chair with a tent top on it and was fishing with a Zebco 202 fishing combo. He had big dallor chair but a $10.00 pole is this putting the cart before the horse? So what type of seat does everyone use for bank fishing?:confused2:
the ground:cool2:

·
Registered
913 Posts
that is a nice family picture

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I use one of the fold out chairs from Wally-world. It cost about 15 dollars. It is very comfortable and easy to carry with a strap and bag. As far as fishing with a 202 goes.....some people have been using that type of fishing equipment all their life and wouldn't change for nothing. However when targeting the larger size fish, I want something with just a little more power. Some people just aren't looking to land that 50 lb. bruiser and maybe the 202 is all that they need.:smile2:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I use the European made carp chair with mud feet. Do a search on carp chairs and you be amazed at how many different models there are.

I got mine from a outfit from Texas at a big discount, it was used once looked perfect. I can't remember the name of the company though.

Some have rod holders and a small table built in.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I use a folding camp chair, or my 5gal bucket, or a big rock. One thing I have noticed the last couple years though, they don't make rocks as comfortable as they used to :eek:oooh:

As to the fishing gear, I know a couple older men around here that just use a spool of line, no rod or reel, have also seen some very nice casting done using a Coke bottle for the "reel" and no rod.

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
I like the collapsable ones that go in a bag. Only drawback is they are rather warm in the summer,makes my back an lower extremes sweat a lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.