Bank Fishing seats?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by firechief4201, Mar 11, 2008.

1. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I was fishing a local lake one time and there was this man showed with a cooler on wheels and a foldout chair with a tent top on it and was fishing with a Zebco 202 fishing combo. He had big dallor chair but a $10.00 pole is this putting the cart before the horse? So what type of seat does everyone use for bank fishing?:confused2:

2. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Ive seen several oldtimers fishing with old junk that i wouldnt take to a dog fight but they seem to get the job done so I watch and listen and perhaps will gleen some bit of knowledge there years have given them.

3. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I use levis 505 bank seat.:big_smile:

4. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    the ground:cool2:

5. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is a nice family picture

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use one of the fold out chairs from Wally-world. It cost about 15 dollars. It is very comfortable and easy to carry with a strap and bag. As far as fishing with a 202 goes.....some people have been using that type of fishing equipment all their life and wouldn't change for nothing. However when targeting the larger size fish, I want something with just a little more power. Some people just aren't looking to land that 50 lb. bruiser and maybe the 202 is all that they need.:smile2:

7. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Yep, the old Zebcos have been fillin' skillets for many years.....

8. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use one of those folding types with back strap. Hey if it weren't for zebco 202's I wouldn't catch any cats. I use them to catch the bluegills.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    since the bank is usually steep where I fish. I just carve out a spot in the side of the hill and have a seat.

10. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    I use the European made carp chair with mud feet. Do a search on carp chairs and you be amazed at how many different models there are.

I got mine from a outfit from Texas at a big discount, it was used once looked perfect. I can't remember the name of the company though.

Some have rod holders and a small table built in.

11. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I use a folding camp chair, or my 5gal bucket, or a big rock. One thing I have noticed the last couple years though, they don't make rocks as comfortable as they used to :eek:oooh:

As to the fishing gear, I know a couple older men around here that just use a spool of line, no rod or reel, have also seen some very nice casting done using a Coke bottle for the "reel" and no rod.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like the collapsable ones that go in a bag. Only drawback is they are rather warm in the summer,makes my back an lower extremes sweat a lot.

13. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Thanks for all the Info.:big_smile:

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i just use the cheepies fold out chairs from wally world.

15. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I used to bank fish a lot and used a milk crate or a 5 gal bucket, depending on which one didn't get used for something else between fishing trips.:smile2:

16. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Hey Jay I can't use a milk crate it leaves little squares on my butt.:smile2: