Bank fishing, San Antonio

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Army_Chief, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Army_Chief

Army_Chief New Member

State:
    Texas
    My family and I are moving to San Antonio this month. I'm wondering where in the San Antonio area I stand the best chance of taking my children (bank fishing) to catch cats?

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Not from SA, but there is lots of spots at Calaveras Park off 1604 Loop, there's a bunch of guys that are from the area and can probably help you more.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    You have so many places to chose from Cayon Lake,Baruneing Lake, Calavers Lake ,I have caught a many cat's out of them lakes

4. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    First off I want to say welcome to the brotherhood. Okay I fish Calaveras Lake and Braunig Lake. I have better luck fishing Calaveras as far as loading up on the kitties. I use cured chicken liver, cut shad, and craw fish. PM me some time and maybe we can get togather and wet some lines.

5. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Rich,
    There are a lot of good places to fish around the SA area, we mainly good to the sister lakes alot (Claveras and Braunig). Both lakes offer several nice places to fish and camp if you're into it. If you just want to have your kids to do the fishing then theres a place at Calaveras I like to take the youngens, it's in the direction of the dam b4 you get to the restrooms. Lots of perch and small fish, these little guys sure put up a good fight and the kids have loads of fun. Don't get me wrong, you can still catch big fish/keepers there you just got to get your rig way out there.
    Both lakes have piers and coves, Cali is going through a makeover so most of the park is closed for now, but theres still a lot of places to fish from.
    Let us know when you're here and we'll steer you in good directions.
    Again, welcome to the B.O.C.

Rubes

6. Army_Chief

Army_Chief New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the replies. We'll get to San Antonio this coming week. Will spend most of it getting the new house set up. Really don't expect to be able to get out until around July 4th.

I'll post here periodically until we get up and running (wife won't let me rest until the house is completely set up).

I'll definitely be looking for more specifics as I get closer.

Rich

7. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome to the BOC Army Chief from Camp Lejeune, NC. I'd like to be the first to say that you picked the right websight to join as you can see all you have to do is ask and you shall receive. Welcom again and good luck unpacking.

8. Army_Chief

Army_Chief New Member

State:
    Texas
    Finally made it here and still unpacking. Plan to take the kids out 7 July, looking for a good spot to bank fish with them. Any additional information/locations/tips?

Thanks

9. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Well I never really fished the SA waters but good luck and I'll be coming home to Lockhart in two weeks so if you find and don't mind share the wealth brotha. Good Luck:0a23:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hey there army chief, Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people.

Sounds like you got some real good intel on fishing around SA. That is why this site is so awesome. Being in the military myself, I always know the holes because of the people here.