bank fishing saltfork

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bullheadslayer, Mar 29, 2008.

1. bullheadslayer

bullheadslayer New Member

State:
    ohio
    i am new to catfish1.com and new to flathead fishing.i was hoping to try fishing saltfork.but i dont have a boat so i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some good bank spots for flatheads and channels.thanks

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I heard something about s-man fishing at the spillway the other day.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Get a map at Salt Fork Outdoors and look for shallow water near an old creek channel. There are good cats in that lake.

Good Luck,

Shawn(OH)

4. bullheadslayer

State:
    ohio
    thanks but is there any roads that are a good place to start.i want to at least have an idea of where is good to fish from the bank.i heard that the bridge off of beeham run road was good?

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    That is a good spot. You have the right idea. Exact locations are tough to get due to the scarcity of truly trophy size fish. We are all MORE than willing to share area, 1 of which you've heard correctly, and techniques, but to give up a specific spot in this more and more competitive endeavor is asking a little much. I hope you understand, and I pray you practice catch and release and do not practice the art of jugging.

Good Luck and I am sure you'll see me out there.

Shawn

Like I said, get a map and compare the lake contour THERE AT THE BRIDGE AREA YOU MENTIONED (oops1 hit the caps button) to other area. There are some very common keys. :wink:

6. bullheadslayer

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the help i understand that you cant just give away your best spots.by the way i only fish for the sport of it so i will definantly practice catch and release.i will have to get a map like you said and find my own spots now that i have an idea of where to go.hope to see you there and good luck.also i was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice on catching flatheads.what size hooks to use what to use for bait etc.i have caught may channel catfish but have not yet fished for flatheads but i look forward to it.thanks

7. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Give it a month and a half and I might have you come out with me. I fish saltfork a good bit, and can show you a couple of things.