Bank fishing rod holders.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Junior42, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    What's a good cheap rod holder for bank fishin. I am lookin for a good one. I am used to a Y stick.

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    A good cheap one? Try a cinder block. Then in that cinder block place a small crowbar into the ground and lip it over the edge that way it does not get pulled over. This is probably the best but heaviest rod holder for the bank. Why is it the best? Because it's not no cheap junky mickey mouse metal rod holder going into the ground thats going to get pulled over when a big fish hits like a jack hammer. But thats doing it the cheap way.

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you look closely there is another post in the forum about this topic and the person who wrote it came up with a pretty slick idea for pvc pole holders for bank fishing!

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Here are the Driftmasters that I use. They are not on the Driftmaster website yet, but PM me and I'll give you the email address at the company.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    You can take 1 and 1/2 inch pvc pipe and cut it into 3 ft lengths. Cut one end at a 45 degree angle and drive them into the ground, or bolt on a metal stake and it drives in easier.

6. Julie - Tite Lok

Julie - Tite Lok New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tite Lok is giving one away this month. Look under contests and giveaways.
    A picture is attached so you can view the set up.
    I know you need one star in order to sign up for it .... do whatever it is you have to do to get that star so you have a chance to win.

Julie

7. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I made these out of 2 inch cpvc with a miter saw. If you cut at 3 angles it creats a sharp edge. It helps to take something heavy and flat to pound it in ground. You make so about half can be pounded into ground. It would take a water buffalo to pull them in!

8. Brent Nickel

Brent Nickel New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thank you Jack for posting all of those links. Those are gonna save me a ton of money.