Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
What's a good cheap rod holder for bank fishin. I am lookin for a good one. I am used to a Y stick.
A good cheap one? Try a cinder block. Then in that cinder block place a small crowbar into the ground and lip it over the edge that way it does not get pulled over. This is probably the best but heaviest rod holder for the bank. Why is it the best? Because it's not no cheap junky mickey mouse metal rod holder going into the ground thats going to get pulled over when a big fish hits like a jack hammer. But thats doing it the cheap way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What's a good cheap rod holder for bank fishin. I am lookin for a good one. I am used to a Y stick.
Tite Lok is giving one away this month. Look under contests and giveaways.
A picture is attached so you can view the set up.
I know you need one star in order to sign up for it .... do whatever it is you have to do to get that star so you have a chance to win.

Julie

·
Registered
397 Posts
I made these out of 2 inch cpvc with a miter saw. If you cut at 3 angles it creats a sharp edge. It helps to take something heavy and flat to pound it in ground. You make so about half can be pounded into ground. It would take a water buffalo to pull them in!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.