Bank fishing on the Kentucky river.

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by firechief4201, Apr 21, 2008.

1. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I need info on some bank fishing spots on the Kentucky river in the Wincester area. ( where, bait and river condition.)

2. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The closest spot to you is probably Boonesborough State Park. Just fish right on the sand beach and cast into the current. I have seen some nice cats come out of there as well as quite a few buffalo. In my experience you need a three way rig with some heavy weight. There are so many snags in the channel that, if your line rolls downstream, you're snagged. I have also heard of some people parking near Halls and fishing the creek there as it empties into the river. I, however, would guess that it is private property, and I don't want to get you in trouble. Good luck and let us know how you do.

3. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Thanks Jeff that will help alot.

4. Pantera_KY

Pantera_KY New Member

State:
    KY
    Hey firechief have you been able to check out that area yet? I've never fished at boonesboro but I plan on goin out for an all-nighter this weekend or next

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    NOt too familar with that area but I am sure someone will square you away.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey ive never been that place but I have fished the Kentucky river torwards the Kentucky and Lake Barkley waters, when I was there I fished the Dam part, I had most of my luck seemed like on skip jack heads.

7. Pantera_KY

Pantera_KY New Member

State:
    KY
    Thanks ya'll. I've got a freezer full of skipjack and I'll catch some bluegill before I head down there this weekend. I'll let you know if I do any good. How much weight do I need?

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    It will depend on the current . The beach side is were the old lock is the other side is the flow side (lock is permanently closed ) . If your using cut bait ,crawlers , an ounce maybe 2 but we are getting rain .