Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need info on some bank fishing spots on the Kentucky river in the Wincester area. ( where, bait and river condition.)

·
Registered
77 Posts
The closest spot to you is probably Boonesborough State Park. Just fish right on the sand beach and cast into the current. I have seen some nice cats come out of there as well as quite a few buffalo. In my experience you need a three way rig with some heavy weight. There are so many snags in the channel that, if your line rolls downstream, you're snagged. I have also heard of some people parking near Halls and fishing the creek there as it empties into the river. I, however, would guess that it is private property, and I don't want to get you in trouble. Good luck and let us know how you do.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
It will depend on the current . The beach side is were the old lock is the other side is the flow side (lock is permanently closed ) . If your using cut bait ,crawlers , an ounce maybe 2 but we are getting rain .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.