Bank fishing on lake murray slow

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by longbow310, Feb 4, 2008.

1. longbow310

longbow310 New Member

State:
    sc
    Went fishing yesterday for catfish at lake murray off the bank(at park ramp #3).I only got 2 bites and missed both times. I was using those berkley gulp chicken livers,catfish charlie dough balls, and live red worms. I got the bites on the fake chicken livers and the worms(with 6 worms on the hook). The first time my line was to slack and the second time i didn't make it to my rod in time. I think the fishing should start picking up arould late may and early april whan the bream and shell crackers start coming to the shallows.

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks for the report. Don't worry, I havent done well either. I hope your luck gets better soon.

-Jim-

3. longbow310

longbow310 New Member

State:
    sc
    thanks Im ready for them to start to bite again.
    Good luck​

4. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    the catfish i'm catchin on Murray right now are coming out of 40 feet of water right smack dab in the middle of the bigger creek arms. but i'm drift fishing out of a bay boat. you need to try to use cut herring or gizzard shad for bait. And don't be afraid to stay after dark. it gets better after dark. the past two weekends i've caught lots of nice size cats. good luck....

5. canis121

canis121 New Member

State:
    Lexington, Sout
    thanks tony im moveing to within 5 min of murray in three weeks and will spend lots of time there day and nights to so the tips help

keivn