Bank fishing on high rock

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by McDreamy, Apr 20, 2006.

1. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    there is several places to fish on high rock from the bank one is called york hill it is the part of the yadkin that runs under i85 that is what the consider the begining of the lake all sorts of kinds of log jams and brush and sandbars around the bridges . another is the new steel bridge alot of cover around the bridge on the east side not very deep water catch alot of channels there

2. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    then u have goodman bridge which i s a pretty good area for pan sized channels every once in awhile one that weighs 5 lbs plus. then another is the area is around tamarac marina just good fishing there pretty much all the time dependin on the wind and weather. that is about all the places i know on the rowan county side of high rock. but there is a few more spots on up the yadkin where u can get and to and dosome fishing .there is alot of places on the yadkin that holds fish above high rock all the way up in to the mountains
    if u stop at a puplic acsess now they have signs point to different ones on the lake

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Hi Eric,
    Welcome to the BOC! There are tons of places to fish both High Rock and the Yadkin River from the banks.

The Hwy 8 bridge that crosses the Abbott Creek section of High Rock has a lot of bank fishing areas at it with some nice fish being caught all around there. Another is the Flat Swamp Creek area.

While I fish from a pontoon, we fish a lot around Tamarac Marina/Dutchmen's Second Creek area. That is also a good area for catching your own bait with a cast net.

Good luck in your fishing ventures!