Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of new to the area and I'm having a hard time finding a decent spot to get some catfish from the bank up here. I live in Bentonville right now but we are looking at moving to Bella Vista soon. Any spots/tips would much appreciated!! Happy Fishing

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
First off Twade75, welcome to the forum.
I moved from NW Ark last year down here to Alabama and I can tell you my advice would be fish Beaver lake, and the rivers and creeks that feed it....but that would be the extent of my advice.
I never fished up there and ALWAYS fished down on the Ark river, but that now wouldn't be safe with all the flood water/bacteria issues there.
I guided for several years on the river but had a man insist on me taking him on one of the BellaVista lakes. Well, we fished it to the tune of NOTHING. I scanned and scanned and threw everything at them. No catfish.
There has been a few people bank fishing off the Hwy 12 bridge on Beaver and catching several, so that might be where I'd start.
Good luck and welcome to the hood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off Twade75, welcome to the forum.
I moved from NW Ark last year down here to Alabama and I can tell you my advice would be fish Beaver lake, and the rivers and creeks that feed it....but that would be the extent of my advice.
I never fished up there and ALWAYS fished down on the Ark river, but that now wouldn't be safe with all the flood water/bacteria issues there.
I guided for several years on the river but had a man insist on me taking him on one of the BellaVista lakes. Well, we fished it to the tune of NOTHING. I scanned and scanned and threw everything at them. No catfish.
There has been a few people bank fishing off the Hwy 12 bridge on Beaver and catching several, so that might be where I'd start.
Good luck and welcome to the hood.
Thanks for the info! I grew up in Jonesboro so I took for granted how easy it was to find catfish over there in the delta. Absolutely love the Ozarks though. I'll have to check out that bridge. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,381 Posts
Welcome Twade from Booneville...I fish the Ar river as well but not now toooooo messed up... Greg will probably chime in he's from up that way...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont remember the exact location but I'd imagine the White river would be an excellent place to fish, probably more so if you had a boat. I lived down in Rogers for a couple years with my dad when I was a kid with my younger brother. I remember going to a certain spot under a bridge on a wide spot of the river. I believe I remember there being a cold water section of the river and a warm water section, he would take us to the warm water section to go swimming. Some of my fondest memories. Jumping off tall cliffs into the river that were incredibly deep. As deep as it was I would imagine its got to hold a healthy catfish population. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
125 Posts
So I’m really late to the game here, but i live close to the white river at Goshen. There are cats there in the spring and summer. Mostly I’ve caught channels, but there are blues and flats as well. A boat would certainly help as bank access is somewhat limited. Last summer I spent several nights bank fishing at the boat ramp near 412 bridge. While I didn’t catch many, there was an older gentleman there who caught several nice blues. I prefer further upriver myself but it’ll take some thinking to find bank access. You can get to the water at beavorama and at twin bridges. Between those points it’s hard to find

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
Sounds almost like a carbon copy of the White River here. Channels, Flats and a few blues also. Ours runs swift with a lot of downed logs, trees and structure. Bank fishing is limited so a boat is the way to go. But it is shallow so a jet motor would work best but if your careful you can use a prop motor. Still I like to fish it when it is about 3 feet above low pool since there are a lot of shallow places.

Good luck this year and post some pics as you go along.

Oh, add your first name to your profile.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.