Bank fishing near Spartanburg?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by blackwaterkatz, Mar 17, 2007.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Hey, guys, I've got a friend who is looking at relocating to Spartanburg from Louisville, KY later this year, maybe in the fall. He loves to fish for big cats at night, bank fishing, and would like to know what is available nearby. He fishes several nights a week, so would like something within a short (15 miles or so) driving distance from Spartanburg.
    I'm not familar with the fishing in that area. Maybe some of you upstate folks can help me out???? Thanks a ton.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    They're two large lakes in Spartanburg county. Bowen and Blalock but you have to off of them by 12 midnight. I work in Spartanburg and I'm over here a lot so I can help him out once he's here.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, Thomas. I've heard of those places. Is there pretty good fishing there? How about Jordan Lake? Know anything about it? I just saw it on the map. And Pacolet River????

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Haven't heard of Jordan Lake but Pacolet River has very limited access with little cat action. Broad River would be a better bet because its close enough and has some good channel cats.