Bank fishing near Cary??

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by mhbomber, Jul 25, 2008.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I am back home in Cary until Sunday without my boat. I am home watching my parents dog while they are on vacation. Needless to say, I am pretty bored. I have not fishing here in quite some time. Growing up I would just fish in golf course ponds and whatnot. I just got a new (to me) abu off of ebay and I am dying to use it. Any ideas on where I could go later this afternoon or tomorrow?

Thanks!

2. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    You're not too far from Jordan Lake. Straight out 64 west, and turn north on Farrington Rd. There are a few places along there. Good luck.

Jon

3. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Or shoot up hwy 50 and fish Falls Lake. I'd go with Jordan.

4. todobiennc

todobiennc New Member

State:
    nc
    bond park, lake crabbtree, apex lake (takes permit from town of apex) various neighborhood ponds.

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Did you get any bank fishing done while you were at home? I know there are a few community ponds that are stocked with channel cats every month or so. There was an article in last months NC Fish & Game Magazine. It was a pretty good one. I learned that Sutton is also a part of the Community Fishing Program (CFP).

6. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I didn't do any fishing while at home. I had some old tackle in the garage but all of my rods were spinning rods and all I had was a baitcaster I just bought off ebay. It looks like I need to hit up Sutton for some night fishing though.