Bank Fishing lately

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by Dallison, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Not that I don't like looking at the " guy attacks" post every time:wink: I log in. I figured I'd add something new to the board.
    I'm getting nothing. I need a bailout on the bank fishing. The crabs seem to be gone. There have been several people telling me this is the worst year fishing they have had in Virginia, even the saltwater is slow.
    How's everybody else doing??
    If you catching fish then your doing good....

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Has been slow the past couple weeks, hadn't heard of any really big fish caught, or citations in any quantity. I think it was the first or second week of October, there were a number of BIG (60-80lb) fish caught that one weekend, but haven't heard much since.

I haven't had a chance to put many hours in this fall yet, but I will say bait has been tough this year. I took it for granted last year, 10-15 minutes and you were set for the day. Now I have to account for the time, a couple hours usually.

3. KevMan

KevMan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been fishing for weeks now, ( answer to your post ) and I haven't had a single problem, their biting for me but then again I don't fish salltwater. I've been catching everything cats, stripers, bass and even some I don't want on my hook. I don't know what to tell you but, keep trying different baits and time is a biggy, too.
    Later...:wink:

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    What bank are you catching fish at...???
    later

5. KevMan

KevMan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been fishing Smith Mountain Lake, the James River ( up around this area), Blackwater River where it feeds into Smith Mountain and the Roanoke River and where it feeds into Smith Mountain Lake.
    I'm still having good luck, too.

6. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    hey David, we went down to Winter Harbor and Wolf Trap Light in Middle Bay Sunday, the only thing we got was a handful of small Black Sea Bass, nothing to speak of. It was a really disappointing trip. We haven't been on the river much, especially since black powder has come in and gun season is just around the corner. I'm hoping that in between days in the woods, I'll get to have a day or two on the water!:wink:

7. riverhobo85

riverhobo85 New Member

State:
    VA
    is everyone hibernating. this should be more active for having so many great places to fish.

8. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Let me know where and I'll fish all winter, I did it last year and ended up nothing. I was thinking this winter I'm going to look for some flathead holes and other places to fish around Richmond.

9. newyorker

newyorker New Member

State:
    virginia
    I just moved to the tide water area in VA any suggestions on where I can do some good fishing from shore :confused2:

newyorker

10. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Monday evening I caught a couple of nice cats 2 to 5 lbs on the Chick guy next to me caught a 14 lb blue
    not to far from wilcox wharf, do you know where they are building that new bridge on route 5 there is a small fishing pier there
    I plan on going back this Saturday

11. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll have to check it out.
    thanks