Bank fishing Lake Wateree 6/2

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by harper81, Jun 2, 2007.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Met a couple buddies at the dam at about 1 a.m. It was very crowded on the platform so I asked if the wanted to try another spot on the lake. So we drove over to Buck Hill Landing. Don't know the legality of fishing there since the ramp is closed, but I didn't know where else to go. So we sat down and I was using cut threadfin shad. The head would go on one pole and the middle section on the other. I casted out the head first followed by the middle and by the time I set the pole down I was picking it right back up. I don't even think the bait had got to the bottom yet. So pulled it in and it was a 3-5# pound blue (I really need to get a scale). So re baited that pole with a middle section of shad again tossed it out in the same area and not 5 minutes later I had another one. It looked like a twin of the first. So I am pretty pumped as are the guys with me. I cast out another middle section and about 15 minutes later I am pulling in a channel that was just a touch smaller. We will call him 2 pounds. Next cast same result a small channel. Then everything seemed to shut down. Not another fish to be had. We left at about 3:30 with those 4 fish that are going to look mighty nice sitting in my frying pan. Neither one of the other guys with me even received a bite. I could tell they were getting aggravated, but its not my fault the fish wanted my bait and not theirs. So anyway I had a good time just can't say the same for the other guys.