bank fishing lacyne

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ks catman, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I was thinking of driving down to lacyne to fish tommorow. but ive never fished there befor and im not taking the boat. so i was wondering if anyone knew if ther was any wher to fish frome the bank.any help would be great thanks :cool2:

2. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Over in the county park should be a lot of good bank fishing. The boat ramp is suppose to be thawed all year. There's a marina there.

3. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks ron im in leavenworth so its a pretty good drive didnt want drive all that way for nothen :smile2: I really appretciate the info. Is it very hard to find i know you take 69 south after that not sure

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Hey Ricky what time you thinking of heading to la Cygne. On the KDWP has a map if that helps. If you get off 69 at the La Cygne exit and turn east you'll go by a café and there should be a sign. I go by way of 2400 off of Ullery. Just a better way from were I live.
    I'd agree with by the marina to fish. I've had some luck there, Nothing huge yet but several nice size fish.
    I was going to see if I can find some scrap PVC and mount them on to my brush guard and If need be I could sit in the truck.

If your interested in having some company shoot me a PM. Either Way Be safe and have a good time.

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is a long trail that is along the hot water discharge. At the hot water discharge where it meets the main lake there is a low head dam with water roaring over it, lots of white water and a pretty good current. Average depth across the discharge is 13 feet deep, and its about 60 yards wide. There is a fence right at the low head dam, but you can fish downstream of the fence, or stand on the rocks and cast over the fence. DO NOT GO UNDER THE FENCE! They watch it pretty close. Take some crappie stuff also, lots of white bass, hybrids, flatheads, and tons of small channel cats. Its a long walk so bring everything you will need, food, drinks, and plenty of tackle. Good luck out there! Also, get there as early as possible, as in well before daylight so you dont get crowded out. Chris

6. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Damn! Hot water discharge? Don't get no better this time of year. Gitrdun!

7. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks guys im hoping to do pretty good ive heard olot of good things about the lake.

8. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    well went out today and got skunked :embarassed: ol well tho got to meet jay today seemed like a real nice guy .maybe next next time we can hit the mighty MO. Be awile tho theres some pretty big chunks of ice floating down it right now

9. sportsmanfromkc

sportsmanfromkc New Member

State:
    kansas

nothing like a discharge to bring in the new year.....but ya might wanna go see a dr. about that pretty soon

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Had a good time yesterday at la Cygne thanks for meeting up with me. Ready to go to the Mighty MO. with you all if you ready for a river rookie.
    :dribble:​

12. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    will defenitly hit the river all we need is the ice to leave