Bank Fishing King

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by alton, Dec 7, 2007.

1. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would like to hear from some of the serious and dedicated bank fisherman. I would like to know the largest fish you have landed from the bank. I fish the Mississippi river banks around Alton IL and I must admit I love the sound of a screaming bait clicker or watching the 12' rods bend double. The largest I have landed this year was a 40lb blue and a couple 30-40 sturgeons. But I know fishing around the Melvin Price Lock and Dam, I may land the next world record blue from the bank........or wake up. Thanks

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Good Morning alton,

Back in July of 2005 - I landed my Person Best "Channel Cat (21.3)" & "Black Bass (10.3) at the California Delta while fishing from the bank ("on the same day").
    :wink:

(The Photos of the fish are in my photo gallery here) :0a23:

Take Care,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish only from the bank. This year only a couple weeks ago landed my PB BLuecat 49.7 lbs. I've caught many big Stripers from the bank as well as many nice cats.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have caught some nice fish from the bank but only at private ponds, biggest ever caught on the bank at the river was a 12lb flatty

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we have caught multiple 20-30 pound class flats from the banks of the muskingum river over the years, biggest from the bank was a 42lber. but i have to say we have boated more of our bigger river fish.. i think bankfishing is a real relaxing way to fish, but not as versatile as the boat...rollo

6. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    almost all my bigger fish were from the bank in the daytime . I have caught several flatheads in the mid 50# range , blues to almost 50# , channels in the mid 20 . i fish from the bank because i want to i have 3 boats

7. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    44.8 lb. Blue from the bank and it is the cat in my avatar:big_smile:. I enjoy bank fishing because I enjoy my beer at times also:tounge_out: !!!

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    When I lived in WV, fished the banks of the Ohio river and have caught many flatheads from some of my favorite bank spots. Which some spots was abandoned barges resting against the banks.

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I caught my PB 90lb flat in late MAY 2000 fishing the walnut river durring the spring flood.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am a bank fisherman to, but I aint caught nothing big yet to brag about but I am working on it.

11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I bank fish myself my personal best fish was a 30lb flathead with a goldfish also caught several channels between 5 and 12 lbs several large carp largest being 20lbs most of time. not to mention a 3 lb small mouth bass out of the mad river this year. where I was fishing where feeder creeks and large stands of timber in the river, cut banks low dams and several deep holes in the various place i fish :)

12. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bank fishing King?

I'm more of the bank fishing Court Jester - but I'm workin' on it!! :big_smile:

13. ahab

ahab New Member

State:
    texas
    I am a bank fisherman too. My Personal best was three back to back Channel cats (5lbs ea,) caught on cut perch. Most of the time I either blank out or catch a lot of dinks. When they are close to shore its an experience like nothing else. The trick is finding access to the places you know will hold fish. Study the map and find close riunning breaklines (old creek beds that parallel close to the shore. This works for me anyways.Watch out for fire ants however as they will drive you away (down here in Texas):big_smile:.

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have caught a few 40-50 blues and flatheads and an 85 pound spoonbill from the bank.

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have 2 boats but i perfer fishing from the bank myself.my biggest fish this year was a 61.37 blue.best flathead was a 37.50 and biggest spoon bill was 79.

16. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Much of the time, my boat is just a way to get to a good bank fishing spot.

17. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Mine was a #20 blue. I think next year I've got a good chance to break that. I been doing my homework ; )

18. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i had a buddy i worked with we fished the missouri river off the bank allmost every friday night. caught lots of fish mostly flatheads and channels his biggest was a 48 lb blue i caught my 2 nd biggest flathead from the bank 61 lbs . i moved away and dont work there anymore man i sure do miss the good times we had on the river bank.

19. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I caught my Pb flathead 34# from the bank on the Great Miami River

20. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I fish from the bank mainly pb 18#s, hard to find good spots