Bank fishing in Tennesse?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by CatMan01, Feb 15, 2006.

1. CatMan01

CatMan01 New Member

State:
    TENN
    ok, i need some help. I need a good spot for bank fishing for some cats. channels or blues or flattys, i dont care. I dont wanna go to the steamplant for cats, i hate the current there. i only fish for stripes there. and my spot here in clarksville behind hooters it getting old and i cant seem to find any fiosh over like 5 oz. can anyone helpl me?? i get off work here in about 2 hours and i am going out, so please help before i get off work, i dont wanna get skunked again today..

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Catman, you know where Lock C is? Sometimes it's a great place to fish. If you don't know here are the directions. Take Dover Highway toward Dover and make a left on Lylewood road. This is the road CK outfitters is on. Follow Lylewood to the end and make a left. Follow that road til it makes a sharp right curve and turn left on one of the dirt roads there. You'll see it there. Hope this helps.

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I would stick with your spot behind Hooters. :D My nearest Hooters is 45 miles away and Nobody believed me when I told them the fishing was good that far away. Especially when I never brought anything back and I always had a smile on my face.

4. CatMan01

CatMan01 New Member

State:
    TENN
    hahaha, yea hooters is a great place to fish, and a great vview too... I think I have been to lock C before. I may go there sunday and try. last time i went it was 100 degrees last summer and i didnt get a thing.

5. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Catman,
    my wife and me went to the cheatam dam.She caught a 42" blue at the park.I had bought a w/mart rod-reel at the flea mkt and we went there and she caught it on a 17#test line.It was a struggle for her to get it in but with a little coaching we made.If i knew how to put it up on the post I could show it to you.
    Here is the way to go.Take hwy 12 toward ashland city.it will show you where to turn toward the Cheatam dam.Go to the bottom of the hill turn left at the bottom.[PS:you will have to go before the Park opens and I do think it opens about the first of march.]You will have to walk from where you park to the end of the park.Just cast out at about 10 o'clock and your bait will hit bottom about 2 o'clock.Sure hopes this will help.
    We did fish at lock c and this is a good time of year there .When its hot it can be miserable there

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    The ateamplant seems to produce better in a little warmer weather. You can get use to fishing in the current, I have. I have found the best spots at the steamplant to be back towards the plant kinda around the first bend, must have a decent casting pole or one heck of a casting ability. My biggest cat came from that side. Also up close to the cat walk along the sides their are a few deeper holes you can fish, kinda like pockets that sometimes will poduce godd cats.

7. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Here's a good spot for bank fishing: From Clarksville, go around Riverside Drive to Mathews Chrysler and turn right on Hwy 48 & 13. Go to hwy 149 and turn right. Go about 7 miles and you will pass Palmyra 149 Market on your left. Just past the market, you will see Palmyra Road on yuor right. Go about a tenth of a mile and turn right on Jarman Hollow Road. It crosses right back over Palmyra rd. Follow it to the end. It will look like you're going into a driveway, but it's still a street. Pull across the railroad tracks and park. There's a path going down to the river (about 100 feet)where there's some flat rocks to fish off of and deep water.

8. CatMan01

CatMan01 New Member

State:
    TENN
    hey grumpy. i sent you a pm. thanks for the help! I havent been able to get on here in awhile so sorry for the late response. I think i will be going to try that spot in the morning. i get off work here in a hour or so and i will try to get a fdew hours of sleep then head out in the morning. I take it skipjack is the bait to use? how about some livers or something like that?

9. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    went down and looked at the site it sure is pretty there and a outside bend. i liked the tunnel the train goes threw.

10. CatMan01

CatMan01 New Member

State:
    TENN
    if anyone wants to join me i am going down there on friday morning..