Bank fishing in Soth East Tennessee

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by 9c1cap, Feb 8, 2006.

1. 9c1cap

9c1cap New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey I just moved here from md and im tryin to get into some good cattin from the bank. Hopin you all could give me some good places to start. Lookin for blues and Id love to get into some shovelheads! Im about sick of channels thats all we had back at home. Ive been to watts bar, chickamauga, and ft loudon. Whats a good rig to hold the bait in that kind of current?? Or just let it drift? Like to find some good quiet spots with a slow current and just sit back and tight line it. Thats my kinda fishin....Thanks....

Craig

2. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Hey Craig and welcome to TN. I'm from the Chattanooga area and would also like to find some better bank fishing spots myself. I have fished Chicamauga, and Nickajack both. I just can't seem to find good spots. I know of one place where the current isn't real swift but it does require some weight to keep the bait solid and in place. It is about a mile below chicamauga dam on the south side of the river. Maybe we can explore some fishing places together or pass on some info on good spots.
    Mark

3. 9c1cap

9c1cap New Member

State:
    TN
    Well as soon as I get my TN license Ill get me a resident sportsman. Dont wanna buy a non res now then have to buy another license later. I work in chattanooga and get off at 3:30 so as soon as the weather breaks Ill be exploring in the evenings...Let me know if you find something...

4. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Any dam that is accesible and is designated for fishing would be a good start. The steam plant can produce well at different times, and so can cheatham dam and loc c. My father in law knows alot more places to go then me but he is busy with the farm. Keep an eye out for good fishing spots I have seen a few but haven't figured out exactly how to get down to them.