Bank fishing in so. ill

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 187um, Jan 20, 2009.

1. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    just wondering if there are any boatless anglers like myself out there who know of some good spots to go to. i am from the franklin/williamson county area and by carbondale/marion and all you boaters feel free to chime in.

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    there is some good spots all around you . i used to bank fish rend lake , crab orchard , and kinkade . Its been years since i have fished them . If you looking for a nice get away come on over to nashville illinois at washington county lake there is no bad spot from the bank there but my 2 favorite are the fishing peer just east of the bait shop have caught some nice ones there 1 32 pound flatty right by the dock . the other spot is the south end of the lake right before the dam off the point we catch up to 25 to 30 3 to 8 pound channels there almost everytime we go using sonnies dip bait and cut shad . Its worth the trip . Also you could go to duquoin city lake and fish off the sail near the spillway in near the lilly pads its loaded with cats , most people bass fish it and never catfish it .

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    And a big welcome to the b.o.c.

4. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    have you ever fished the big muddy?

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    No I have not fished the big muddy . Have you ? If so where do you fish it and is it any good ? I think that crossed just west of mt.vernon also .

6. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    yea i fished it once got 2 2#ers going again this thursday havnt tried winter fishing before so i am going thurs its supposed to be like 53 degrees so i am going with all the baits i can think of although people have been suggesting shad or liver what do you think a specific bait to use for winter?

7. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    how do you feel about sonny's original stinkbait?

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    sonnies is great me and my son in law buy it in 5 gallon bucket for 100.00 we use it alot . Not sure it would do much good this time of year . I would go with shad , but you can not have to many baits a good selection will let you know . I dont fish this time of year I think you would have to hit them on the head to get them to bite lol . Good luck on your fishing it is suppose to be a little warmer thursday and friday .

9. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    yea its just right now i think the rivers are all thats not iced over been hearing that there is too much ice to go to crab but i am going to walk some shore line today to see where i can go. do you think where 2 rivers become one would be a good place to start? there has to be deep water there wouldnt ya think?