Bank Fishing in Owensboro

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Brandon829, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Guys, I'm heading to my home town of Owensboro Saturday afternoon to do some fishing on the Ohio. Does anybody know where there are some good spots to fish from the bank are? My buddy said something about Hurricane, or possibly where panther goes into the river. Any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, do you think cut gills would be the best? If anybody wants to join us, let me know and I'll send you my cell number. Thanks again, Brandon

2. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    brandon
    i wouldnt waste my time on cut gills. it might work but i havent had much luck on them. if you use gills then try to keep them alive. not alot of options from the bank. if you go to english park that concrete wall everyone fishes it the old dam. i have never caught fish there but alot of people fish it. if you go to english park and was standing looking at the boat dock walk to your left thru the wooded bank a few hundred yards u will see rocks and water flowing into the river from the fields factory. i would fish that stretch of bank. i have fished it alot from the boat and caught cats. also right beside the dock from the bank u will see some old stumps ot tree in the water. i would hit that first. i always show fish on the finder and it doesnt look deep but a good cast would put your bait in 30 plus feet of water. if you could get your hands on some shad or skips i would use those before gills or even night crwlers if your lookin for channels. but use the gills if thats all u got. i have to work sat or i would be out and show u where to fish. good luck let me know if ya get any,

Jody

3. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks so much for the tips! I'll definitely give that a try! Wish you could make it out with us!