Bank fishing in East Tennessee

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by mcwrestler, Apr 10, 2006.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Does anyone know of any good bankfishing spots around the Alcoa/Maryville area. I am looking for some spots to find larger catfish and do not have a boat.

2. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I will be in the Alcoa area this weekend and will be there for the next 3 weeks, I am looking for some hot areas in the Cherokee Dam/Lake area or the river, I have a boat and will have it with me, maybe we can get together and find those fishing spots, but, if not I will watch this thread for post.

3. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    I live in Maryville and fish Ft. Loudon quite often from my boat. If you want to go sometime drop me a PM. Bank fishing can be pretty good around Louisville Point Park on the main channel side and the cove side of the park.

4. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    howdy nieghbors ...im from maryville too .....i fish ft loudon mostly ,,,,some very nice cats in there for sure .........cloyds creek(unitia) is a good cattin spot for bank or boat fishing too,several 30lbers came out of there last year ..and hope to get several more this year :p,,,,maybe we can all hook up on the water sometime ,....took my boat in to work with me today ,was planning on going to ish creek after work and hit on the crappie bites,but it was a hard day today ,so i opted for coming on home and resting up a bit ,,.....lol :p

5. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    another sweet spot for cats on ft loudon is between ish creek and unitia....."parks ferry ".....can access it from disco loop rd for bank fishin,boat ramp access there also

boog

6. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Boogie,

How far is Maryville and Ft Loudon from Alcoa? I am from the East Tennesse area, Kingsport to be exact(GO VOLS):) , currently reside in Clarksville, and am looking forward to fishing that area next week when I am there on business, and am looking forward to meeting any fellow BOC members in the area. I have tried to locate maps for the Cherokee reservoir, no success here, I have always wanted to fish that lake, and I am anxious to get my boat in the water there, any advice would be greatly appreciated for that area.

7. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    ft loudon is just a couple of miles from alcoa if i am around when ya get in gimme a holler ,i'll pm ya the info,......if my son calls i gotta jump up and run to colorodo to get him :) other than that i should be around ....ive never fished cherokee but have wanted to........i have some skipjack vacumm sealed ,ready to tease the kitty's at a moments notice :p ...i really wanted to go fishin this weekend but i hadda work ......lol....