Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Don't use nothing fancy.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't have a lot of money to spend on poles and reels as they tend to get awfully expensive. I've got a few cheap poles from Walmart, a zebco boss something or rather, prespooled with 20ib line, and I got a real tree combo open faced prespooled with the same line(it seems nice, casts real well). They're both bout 6.5 ft rods. Then I got 3 Mr whisker 10 rods with some old plastic reels. All I do is bank fish. What do yall use or recommend?

·
Registered
85 Posts
You don’t need anything expensive or name brand rods and reels to get fish in the box.. a few cane poles, 15-20 lb test line, swivels, split shot, slip bobbers and a few 4/0-5/0 hook is all you “need”.. when they are feeding in shallow water, spawning, or when water is up in creeks and rivers, find “slack” water, where fast/swift water is running there is always slack/swirls, think about all the trash/debris on top of the water that just spins in circles on both sides of a bridge/culvert drainage system.. the water swirls under the surface just like on top in the swirls is worms, baitfish, roadkill, anything that has washed down with heavy rainfall.. that’s where you want to pitch a cork, not in the flowing current... be patient and pay attention because you are about to get bit...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts