bank fishing cannelton

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by beespringer, Apr 28, 2009.

1. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I went to cannelton on the 20th to try and catch some cats and I hadnt much more than got there and some guys came up behind me and said they were there to mark spots for drilling for the power plant project.I told them I hated to see it happen because it was one of the best bank spots to fish but its getting ready to start..What really gets me is I was told that the electric is going to go up north so the local people wont even get to use it!:confused2:I dont know if thats true or not but if it is its throwing salt in the wound!!:angry:I guess on the upside it will create some local jobs but I sure will hate when they close the bank fishing down on the Ky side.

2. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man that suck! Did they say when they are going to close off bank fishing??? I LOVE going there. :sad2:

3. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I dont know. they were getting ready to start drilling last week where the big rocks start.I cant see them wanting people around them fishing when there drilling...anybody been down there this week??

4. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats gunna be a bummer if the completely stop bank fishing. I plan on going out there this weekend. I'll see if I can get some more info.

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I talked to one of the boys down there that was drilling and he seem to think it would be a long time before public access was cut off. but he did say that they would more than likely baracade around the few areas they will be working in . but all in all it is comming to a end down there with out a boat before long.

6. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Thanks for the update Leroy:wink: