Bank Fishing At Cannelton Looks Doubtful

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by glenmorebuckman, Jan 30, 2008.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    My brother read at another sight that somebody was talking to a CO at Cannelton and says that construction on the hydro dam is likely to start in March and that bank fishing most likely would not be allowed. Sure is going to upset a bunch of people:sad2:.

2. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    yeah, i'm one of those people!!! man, i sure have had some good times over there. we caught blues and flats last year like crazy off those rocks. gonna miss that sandbar too. it reminds me of an old saying," ya can't have nothin!" been fishing over there since 2000 and i can say without a doubt it is the best place to fish i have ever been. who knows though, as broke as the state claims to be right now, maybe they will decide not to fund the project. wishful thinking.....

3. surf_fish_ky

surf_fish_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was fishing a couple of weeks back at Cannelton and the game warden said they were probably going to cut off access in March, due to the construction. Did some research on the internet and a power company out of Ohio has three projects on the Ohio river and Cannelton is one of them. Main construction is on schedule to start in March. Today I talked to the game warden at the O'boro boat show, and he confirmed the same thing. The corp owns all of the land and they have an agreement with this company out of Ohio, so the bank fisherman will once again be driven off of one of the best spots in the area. Another bummer about this, the power that this company is going to create isn't staying in the area. They sell power to the northern part of the US. Do a Yahoo search for "Cannelton Hydro Electric Project" and you'll see everything you need to see. Looks like Newburgh dam is the place now.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm not familiar with the area, but we are having the Indiana Gathering near the Cannelton area in June. We are set up for the Rocky Point Marina area, is this area going to be affected? We have several members coming that dont own boats, and were planning on bank fishing. Would someone p.m. me to let me know whats goin on down there?

Even though its an Indiana gathering, ya'all are welcome to come, for the day or all weekend. The more the merrier. Check out the post in "local Indiana talk" for details.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    THAT DOESENT SOUND GOOD :angry: