bank Fishing around the Jefferson County area

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by JoeW, Jan 20, 2009.

1. JoeW

JoeW New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    Joe
    Was just wondering if anyone has had any luck bank fishing in the Jefferson County area i have fished from close to the Millcreek Power plant to the mouth of Beargrass creek and have only had little to no luck..Mostly 3 to 5 pounders...

2. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Try fisherman's Point over by the Falls of the Ohio. Go down stream a little ways where a creek comes out. It is pretty good there.

Scorpion
    :wink:

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Hey Guys
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC. Lot of fine people and info on here. Think a lot of the people have hibernated through this cold snap we been having.
    Welcome aboard.

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    over by locks off 25-26th north western by the park,,I do not know if you can even get back there now or not ,but if you can go over and to the left park and walk down. It goes all the way back to the hydro plant and its full of big fish. Blues .even good stripers right now. Good luck:cool2:

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    That better that not fishing at all!:wink:

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    What he said ! and welcome to the boc .

7. JoeW

JoeW New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    Joe
    Ty i haven't tried fishing the locks will have to give it a try this spring.

8. soljahd

soljahd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    From what I know you cant get over behind the locks anymore since they started puting the new one in. The place to go for Bank fishing is the Indiana side as stated before. You can use or Ky Licience. Try the fossil beds or the Hydro plant area off Harrion Ave. Also try Cox's or right down Bye the Bell even on the KY side.