bank fishing around smith branch

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by kaous, Jul 4, 2009.

1. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey guys i was wondering if any of ya'll here have either banked fished around smith branch or been in the boat around it. If ya'll could give me a idea where to fish at around the area that would be great thanks! Since smith branch is only like 10 mins from my house it would be less of a drive than the Steamplant. IF anyone could give me some info that would be great thanks. O btw if anyone can. Can you bank fish around cheatam damn? IF so are there any good spots. Ty for the info guys. Gl fishing out there!

2. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Eric it been some time now since we fished from the bank at smith branch.But we ahve launche there and gone down stream from there.

about cheatam dam when you go there its a small fee to get onto the park but there are good spots all along the bank there to fish mywife and me have caught some good ones along the shore line.
    hope this helps

3. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    if you go to the dam on the dickson county side you can walk down the stairs and get on the rocks and catch some fish doesnt cost anything on the dickson side i hope not anyhow ive been fishing down there for a while and never paid anything. heck of a pace to get some skippies when they are in too, just have to get down there early. some good fishing though watch a foreign fellow pull a 20 pluss spoonbill out the other day.

4. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    You are rite rite about the dickson side but if i go all the way around there i can be at cheatam dam because i live in montomery co.But you are rite about the good place for fishing and the the other folks.