Bank Fishing Around Frankfort

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Capn Crunch, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    It looks like I'll be in Frankfort tomorrow. I'll be there around 4pm, but I'd still like to get a line or two in (not expecting much in the heat of the day, but fishing is fishing).

Does anyone know any decent spots to bank fish around Frankfort (either the KY River or Elkhorn Creek)? I've not gotten to fish nearly enough of either water out that way. I've fished the Game Farm ponds quite a bit, but I'm really in the mood for something different. My spot on the KY closer to Lex has been pretty cold for me this year, so it'd be nice to see if I can turn my luck around in a new spot while I'm out that way. Even if I don't catch much with the afternoon heat, it'd at least be nice to check out a spot or two in daylight for the next evening or morning trip. :roll_eyes:

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!! :wink:

2. eddiehenryco

eddiehenryco New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have some good spots on the kentucky river I could show you some time your friend the 209 guy.

3. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Glad you found us, Eddie. I'll give you a call next time I'm going to be out that way! Thanks!

4. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    How difficult is it to access the river below the lock in Frankfort (on foot)? I have eaten at Jim's seafood and didn't see a good way to get to the river.

5. ko3579

ko3579 New Member

State:
    Frankfort, Ky
    I know it is a little late but you can access below the dam if u come out of jims seafood and take a right and then another right across the bridges, then your very next right into the neighborhood bellpoint and take a right and follow the river all the way back till you see the dog pound and you can park back there, youll see where to park and there are paths that lead down to the river, and you can fish anywhere you want down there. Its alright fishing down there, never know what youll catch, But if you get on down river a little away from the dam the fishing is awesome, I have a key to a private launch just down from the dam so I fish these waters alot, and the good thing is that you dont see alot of boats up this way because of the travel from the next ramp. If you need a little more info let me know, Hell if im off duty Ill meet you and take you there.