Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to get back out after them yesterday, this time from the bank. Didn't have no bait and wasn't throwing a net in the cold so went to big fish and bought some fresh gizzard shad.

The first spot we hit the bite was a tad slow only produced three dinks under 10lb in a couple hours. We loaded up the truck and got a bite to eat, hit the next spot around 2 and had two dinks on the bank within 20 minutes of getting the baits out. Bite here was pretty good throughout the day but no picture worthy fish was caught up until a hour before dark. That's when this ole flathead decided to hit, gladly took my picture with him and let him go. This spot produced 8 fish including the flathead but sadly that flathead was the only picture worthy fish caught. But can't complain with an 11 fish trip out here on the bank.

Hope you guys enjoy the pic, sure was a nice looking flathead.
Water Deer hunting Hunting Sky Lake

·
Registered
416 Posts
Great fish and sounds like a great day to me right now. Just checked and the suskie is a balmy 37 degrees. For the next 5 months or so, if I want to catch a catfish, I'm driving clear to DC. It's nice once the boat is launched but lord knows getting there is like running the gauntlet.

15 lanes of mad max chaos , bit much for my taste any more lol. I'm sure the itch will overcome me soon enough, I'll throw common sense out the window and convince myself that it's worth it to drive down lol! Until then I enjoy seeing you guys catch fish!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts