Bank fishermen favorite rig and tackle

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by creepie-jackalope, Dec 14, 2009.

1. creepie-jackalope

creepie-jackalope New Member

State:
    Great state of Texas!
    What are the bank fishermen using, as far as, rig type, hooks, weight sizes type, line weight, etc...

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    4 oz no roll, bead 1/0 swivel 18 inch leader 8/0 king kahle or gama octo 50 lb spider cam or PP

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    First Ryan Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. The answer depends on the bank your fishing.(Lake or River) The size of the line depends on the rig your using and the size of fish your targeting. The hook size depends on the size of the bait fish your using. The weight depends on how much current or wind you have. A good starting rig would be 20-30 # test main line with a 3-4oz no roll sinker, a bead and all of this tied to a swivel. This is called a Carolina rig with a no roll sinker. Now to the swivel tie an 18" leader line ( your choice of pound test) Place a 5/0 to an 8/0 hook to this leader. And your ready to go.

4. creepie-jackalope

State:
    Great state of Texas!
    Does it matter which type of no roll sinker to use. What i mean is I can only find the flat sinker with a ring on the top to put my line through. i can't find any were the line goes all the way through the lead. Thanks ryan

5. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    carolina rig with a 3oz no-roll, a 1/0 swivel, 30# Big game main line and 25# big game leader with a 7/0 kahle or a 8/0 gamma octopus circle.

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i wouldnt worry to much bout the weight as long as it works...and aint a ton of room for error unless in heavy current..which i know nothing about:tounge_out:

7. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Lake:
    Carolina Rig
    20LB-50LB PP (main line)
    60 LB Mono Leader
    Sinker Slide
    Bead
    Barrel swivel
    2oz or 3oz Disc (Cushion) Lead
    4/0-6/0 Gamma Octo Circle

River:
    Carolina Rig
    65LB-100LB PP (main line)
    60 LB Mono Leader
    Sinker Slide
    Bead
    Barrel Swivel
    4oz to 10oz Disc (Cushion) Lead
    8/0 Gamma Octo Circle, 8/0 Team Catfish Double Action, 7/0 Daiichi Chunk Light, 9/0 or 10/0 Owner Circle or Custom 8/0 from a James River Guide
    sometimes I add a slip bobber to my Leader to keep the bait off the bottom (same hooks)

Here are some pics:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  8. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner

I use 80# Powerpro with a sinker slide and sinker bumper then a swevil and a 50# spiderwire leader then circle hook(3/0 - 9/0) depends on the bait. With the sinker slides you can use your sinkers and change the size of sinker without cutting your line and still get the same effect as a no roll sinker.

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Ryan!:0a25:.If I was limited to only 1 rig,it would be a 10/0 Mustad J on a 8" mono leader,1/0 crane swivel,80-100# braid and the livliest bait I could get over 4",sinker would be an 8oz no-roll.

10. creepie-jackalope

State:
    Great state of Texas!
    Damn man, thanks for all the replies. I Really appreciate it. Now, maybe, I can catch some more fish.

11. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cajun red 20# line.. carolina rig.. 5 ott circle hooks.:wink:

12. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    In current,,50# Mono mainline, tied directly to the hook..7/0-10/0 Kahle,, 18" up, 2 pinch weights,, 3/8's dia.
    upline, clip on a 3-8 OZ weight with 18"-36" light mono leader tied to a snap swivel, clip the snap part over mainline.. Impale livebait, or cut head, on hook...Throw all that in the water.. Catch them Flatheads!!:big_smile:
    No current,,same rig, w, float on bait leader below pinch weights..
    or use a float system. 1/3-1/2 of depth of water you're fishin' in..seems to work OK..:smile2:

13. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    sicko

14. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use a sinker slide rig with a 5 or 6oz flat bank sinker. Main line #65 Power Pro. Leader is #40 Cajun Red mono with an 8/0 Gamma Octopus Circle hook.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When using an egg sinker or a no roll sinker, the line will go through the center of the sinker. The flat sinker you describe is either a flat bank sinker or a river sinker. Its best to use this sinker with a sinker slide. You have received many good replies. Choose one and go catch a big fish.

16. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    all i do is bank fish and wat i use is a 11ft nite stick with a c3 and a 10ft glowstick with 5500 ambassador. with 30-35 lb trilene big game,3-5 oz no roll sinkers, 2-3 ft steel leaders with 5/0-9/0 gamakatsu circle hooks. and i dont have no problems so far with it!

17. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    80# pp yellow main. sinker bumper and 1/0 barrow swivel. 50 lbs mono leader 8/0 team catfish hook for blue fishing

18. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I use slipfloat rigs from top to bottom, 30#PLine Flouroclear, #7-10 Gamakatsu Octopus Hooks on 12-16" leaders.

GUSA Graphite Custom Rods. custom designed 2pc, 8'6" megamags.

Reels etc...

2-ABU Record RNC60HC,1-7000iCS Pro Rocket,1- M7700CL, 1-M5600CL
    Dawia Millionaires 2-CVZ300A,1-CVX300A, 1-CVX250

among others:wink:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  19. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Some nice looking gear there Kenny!:wink:

20. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State: