Bank buddy

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by brinley45cal, Sep 26, 2007.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    for bank fishermen i recommend the bank buddy from bass pro shop.It holds three rods or two rods and a lantern,it works great with rods with circle hooks.Its shaped like a "T" but instead of just on spike to go into the ground it has two.just thought id pass it on in case someone wants to try it out.Ive had people actually offer me money for mine lol.

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Thanks for the info. I've been thinking of ordering one for a while now.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Will it work on a rocky bank ? I've got the catalog around here somewhere. I ended up using a lounge chair. The head end I cut down in 1/2 and put it back on. Also screwed 2 pieces of pvc onto it for the rod handles. I cut the plastic off both ends but left it alone on the bottom for tackle, pliers etc. Nice part is you can adjust the ends for your needs. Steep banks, slight banks, rocky, grass...whatever. I'm gonna put a pic on in my profile so yas ya see. Oh... and it even has a cup holder screwed onto it for my coffee ; )~

4. PWillis

PWillis New Member

State:
    Ninnekah, Oklah
    I liked the looks of the Bank Buddy rod holder there at Bass Pro that I actually bought it some time ago. Only bad part is I havent gone catfishing since I bought it so I dont know how well I will like it.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey jimmy i would like to see your rod holder when you get the pic up.The bank buddy wouldnt be any good on rocks because you have to push it into the ground.
    WILLIS i think you will like it once you try it out,let me know how it works for you.
    Philly give it a try i like it better then any store bought holder that you stick in the ground.

6. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Err , I put it up in the wrong place yesterday. I took a pic of my whole set up for ya and put it in my profile. Maybe I can move it here. I wrote a lot about it.

7. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    I put my set up in my profile. I'm out for many hours so I like to be well set up. Nice part about the chair is you can adjust it easy, hold tackle and keep the dirt off the bottom of my coffee cup, lol. Notice the bobbers hanging from the line between to top 2 eyes ? Its a old school trout method of detecting hits. If it moves side to side its always from the wind. Up or down movement and its always a fish, ok, or a turtle. Its attached to the line by a thin wire that runs through it. I also can attach weight to the bottom of the wire to keep the line tight. This works excellent in tandem with circle hooks. I use 2 buckets. One for the live bait/net and another that has a lid with wood screwed to it for cut bait. I got a cooler for drinks/liver/donuts, 2 lanterns and my chair. I get pretty relaxed come 4am if its slow. I tie my poles down to make sure they stick around if I doze off for a few..Hope this give you land catters some cool ideas of your own. This is a double post on another thread, sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly.

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
  9. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dang, Jim - that's a heckuva setup....

I'm furiously taking notes!