Balloon Fishing - Need help/advice!

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Curly, May 25, 2006.

1. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Ok...The main place i fish is the findlay resevoir. It supllies us with drinking water. So, you know the type of water i'm talkin about....no structure what so ever. Just lots of rocks that keep gettin me snagged on the bottom. I'm loosing my khale hooks left and right...gettin expensive....lol. So...now i'm thinkin baloon fishin...never did it...need some direction. Thanks in advance.

2. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been using 1oz jigheads when fishing at spots with alot of snags. They roll right over most stuff.

Best price I could find was a guy on ebay who makes them himself I think. about $13 for 100 1oz unpainted.

Hope that helps.

3. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    do you shore or boat ? one or two res? did you try the snagless hooks or rig your bait to make it snagless? I plan on going to findlays res this summer.

4. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    shore.....mainly res...2...I"m going balloon fishin today....i'll let everyone know.......thanks.

5. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Go with the sliding bobber large size if live bait. you can fish as deep as you want with a short or long leader. first find the bottom by adjusting the bobber stop until the bobber lays on it's side then readjust it so your fishing a foot or 2 off the bottom.

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    The first full year of fishing for Flatheads I went through $140.00 worth of sinkers, 4-6 oz.

Buying a sinker mold sure saved me a bunch of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

Plus a brak-away sinker line saves hooks too,