Ball Cap Lights

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by catfeveriowa, Aug 12, 2007.

1. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Wondering which lights work best for night fishing, basically for tying on your hooks, undoing tangles and what not. White, green, or black light ????

2. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    that will depend on the line that you use but i like blue and green lights best for me but some line works better with black light:smile2:

3. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We have the cheap 9.95 from wally world white lights, no bugs and light weight hope that helps they are great for all you want it to do:tounge_out:

4. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Not using any fluorescent line right now just needed to know for the basic things mention. Mostly wondering between the white and green lights. Read that green used less battery juice, but didnt know how well you could see with green. Thanks again guys, pretty new to this BOC sight, but it is the coolest tho!!!!

5. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use the green light version and it works great for tying knots, baiting hooks, checking stringers. All and all I'd say its a great little tool to have.

6. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Billy
    I have the 3 way light from Wal Mart real cheap. It has a white LED I use mostly for baiting up & casting, it seems to never run the battery down. The regular white light is bright enough to get me to the river and land any fish. I use the red LED when don't need but a bit of light, it doesn't attract bugs and leaves you with your night vision. I sure like the combination. Luck

7. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    I was in Wal Mart a couple of days ago and saw that 3-way and thought pretty cool, but I went with the cheeper plane white one. Thanks guys for replying back.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I have the single bulb, white from w-mart. Wont do that again. It gave me probs from the get go. I ending clicking it on/off alot to get it to work. Not fun to do in the dark. After taking it apart a million times to make it work I fed to the garbage can. I could have just been a bad one I guess but I'm now willing to pay more than $10 for such a valuable piece of my night fishing. Anyone know of a good hand held light for shore fishing ?

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If I were you guys I would patronize one of our sponsors,and go to The Quick Store,and buy one of the cap lights that Jason sells. They are a great product,and leaves your hands free to do other things. Go to The Quick Store and check them out!

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive got a white 3 leds Coast head light. I think it takes 4 aaa batteries but they lasted me over a year. Ive used it for fishing and hunting, works great. I caught them on sale at wally world for 3.50 regular priced 25. Id agree check out a boc sponsor for their lights, Ive heard good things about them.

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks Brian and Glenn for the tip : )

12. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas

I got the "Nite-Ize" led conversion kit for my Minni Mag but it sucked. My daughter got me a 3 cell AA Minni Mag for Christmas, it is awsome! Very stong beam of light and same batteries since Christmas.